How much do you know about ASTC-member benefits? Are you responsible for onboarding new employees? Join the ASTC team to learn more about how to get the most out of your ASTC membership on Wednesday, July 19, at 2:00 p.m. ET (find your local time).
If you work at an ASTC-member institution, you are automatically eligible to receive all the benefits of membership!
Founded in 1973, ASTC now represents more than 650 member organizations in nearly 60 countries—and all their paid staff members. ASTC members include science centers and museums, nature centers, aquariums, planetariums, zoos, botanical gardens, and natural history and children’s museums, as well as companies, consultants, and other organizations that share an interest in informal science education.
Together, the 20,000+ staff members at ASTC members represent an incalculable amount of knowledge about informal science education, exhibitions, nonprofit finance and administration, human resources and staff development, fundraising, membership, volunteers, guest services, marketing, public relations, facilities, and much more.
They face many of the same challenges you do, have many of the same questions you do, and care deeply about their mission—like you do.
Your ASTC membership benefits are designed to help you tap into our pooled information, advance in your job performance, and share what you’ve learned with others. Find out how you can get started on maximizing these benefits and expanding your professional network in this new webinar.
Click here to register.
Major programs and services provided by ASTC that can help you in your job, regardless of your role, include
- Networking, learning opportunities, and information exchange through Communities of Practice (CoPs), ASTC’s grassroots groups organized around job roles and topics of interest
- Dimensions, the award-winning bimonthly magazine of the science center field
- INFORMER, a biweekly email newsletter with news and links of interest from the science center world and beyond
- Professional Development Newsletter, a monthly email summarizing opportunities of professional and team growth
- the General Forum, an online bulletin board for asking questions, sharing wisdom, and finding bits of inspiration
- the Annual Statistics Analysis Package and ASTC Survey Raw Data Report
- the ASTC Annual Conference
- Workshops, webinars, and more professional development programs
- Supporting and housing the Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education (CAISE).
In this live webinar, participants will learn more about
- accessing, creating, and updating your “myASTC” profile—your gateway to information and tools only available to staff at ASTC members
- participating in webinars, workshops and Communities of Practice to develop your skill set
- ASTC research available to help support your institution (great info to share with funders!)
- getting free access to Dimensions magazine (print or digital), INFORMER, and the Professional Development Newsletter
- the ASTC passport program—what it is and how it works
- updating and organizing your organization’s staff roster so new staff can start connecting right away
- applying for ASTC award programs and fellow opportunities
- accessing the ASTC job bank and posting job openings
- searching the ASTC member directory and marketplace
- ASTC membership structure and types of membership.
Audience: This webinar is designed for all levels of science center and museum professionals, especially HR professionals and administrative managers, division and department heads, visitor/guest experience managers, membership managers, and those responsible for onboarding new team members.
Registration includes a link to an archived recording of the webinar, so even if you can’t participate in the live event with your peers from around the world, you will receive access to its recording, which your and your colleagues can watch when you wish.
Click here to register for this free webinar.