CommunitiesforImmunity.org ("Site") is owned by the Association of Science-Technology Centers ("ASTC"), a non-profit organization that encourages excellence and innovation in informal science learning by serving and linking its members worldwide and serving their common goals. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ALL POLICIES AND GUIDELINES WE POST REGARDING USE, WHICH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY.
Unless provided otherwise on the Website, you may view and download (including sharing and embedding on your website) Website content for noncommercial use. You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made to any material downloaded from the Website that you redistribute. If you remix, transform, or build upon the Website content, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
You may not use bots, data-mining technology, or any other technique intended to extract data or information from this Site. Any attempt to interfere with this Site or impede the lawful enjoyment of the Content by anyone may be subject to civil and criminal penalties.
ASTC is not the publisher or speaker of any information on the Website that is provided by the Participating Organizations, a third party, or by you, and ASTC is not liable for any claims related to that information. Any mention on the Website of products or services provided by third parties is for informational purposes only. ASTC makes no warranty, either expressed or implied, of the accuracy, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the information provided by third parties.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner.
This project is motivated by the desire to share helpful resources with the broader museum and library community. As such, any work created solely for this project must be made freely available under a Creative Commons license that allows others to adapt, build upon, and distribute the work. Any work that incorporates intellectual property from a third party, including yourself, will retain the original licensing provisions and rights granted by the third party, and you may exclude from the freely available work any third party intellectual property that is not able to be redistributed under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
In providing any Content to this Site, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the owner or licensee of such Content and have a right to post it.
- You will make any content created for this project available for reuse, adaptation, and distribution by others under a Creative Commons license
- You will endeavor to make any other content you post freely available under a Creative Commons license, and you will explicitly specify any content that does not carry a Creative Commons or similar license to use, reproduce, and adapt the Content does not and will not violate the intellectual property or publicity rights of any person.
- Your posting of the Content does not and will not violate these terms and conditions, or any ASTC policy or guideline.
If you believe that your copyrights in a work have been infringed, you can notify us of alleged copyright infringement in accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). The notice must include the following information:
- a legend or subject line "DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice".
- a description of the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed.
- the URL of the site and a description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on that site.
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the alleged infringing material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed).
- your electronic or physical signature.
ASTC reserves the right to respond to DMCA notices that do not comply with any of these requirements at its discretion.
You may send DMCA notices by mail, e-mail, or facsimile to:
Association of Science-Technology Centers
818 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20006-2734
fax to: 202/783-7207
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. The following rules shall apply to your posting of any Content on this Site:
- You are responsible and liable for any Content that you submit, post, or display on this Site.
- You are responsible and liable for any activity or transactions that occur under your user name.
- You shall not abuse, harass, threaten, or intimidate other users of this Site.
- You shall not use this Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You shall not post Content that is harmful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, unlawful, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- You shall not use this site to promote any commercial activity, such as advertising any product or service.
ASTC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to:
- Review, edit, or delete any material posted by users, including without limitation material that is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable or which violates a party's intellectual property or these terms and conditions, without undertaking any responsibility to do so.
- Adopt rules in any community area or condition access to any such community features by any individual or group on certain criteria, deny or restrict access by any individual or group that fails to meet those criteria or by anyone who fails to comply with our criteria or rules at any time, and change or modify the criteria or rules at any time.
- Deny access by any user to this Site.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER MATTER. ASTC DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IN THE SITE OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT INFORMATION WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS, HARDWARE, OR SOFTWARE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, MALWARE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL ASTC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE. ASTC assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Content of the website, whether provided by ASTC or any third party.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ASTC and its directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) in connection with any claim, suit, action, demand, or proceeding made or brought against any such party arising out of or related to your use of this Site, including, but not limited to, any Content you post at or submit to this Site.
Revisions to this Agreement
ASTC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE, MODIFY, ADD, OR REMOVE ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ANY OTHER CONTENT AT THE SITE AT ANY TIME. PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE EACH TIME YOU VISIT FOR CHANGES AND MODIFICATIONS TO THESE TERMS, WHICH WILL BECOME EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT USE THIS SITE. CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE BY YOU OF ANY SUCH CHANGES.
Updated: August 2021