It's been an all-star August on the CoP, especially when we're talking about post-emergent library maker-space research. Recent podcasts feature multiple site representatives diving in to 30-45 minute conversations:
- Sarah, Clarissa, and Goda from Maker Jawn in Philly talk with Cody from Billings about the indicators of a library makerspace’s “post-emergent” phase.
- Mo from Anythink, Sarah from Maker Jawn, and Kathy from Billings talk about Anythink’s process.
- Cody, Cassie, Elizabeth, and Kathy from Billings are interviewed by Katelyn and Theresa from the Lynn Public Library on action research project around maker-spaces in libraries.
- Corey and Amalia from The Labs at CLP chat about building pathways for youth leadership, and focusing on content and relationship-building over tech.
- Katelyn and Theresa from QuaranTEEN at the Lynn Public Library talk about strategies and interventions to encourage teens to “geek out.”
- Marika from St. Paul, Ryan from Yale, Goda from Philly, and Cyd from Carnegie Hall discuss responding as staff to community violence.
Find all these and more in the podcasts section.
And on our August discussion forum, you'll find these themes:
Pokemon Go and Programs
Departing High School Seniors
Connecting HipHop and Coding
Seymour Papert's Legacy
And the more time-sensitive topics:
Hip Hop and Scratch Coding Summit this October in Cleveland
JRLYA Call for Papers
For upcoming events, in-person and virtual, check out the Events Page! This is also available on the Discussions pull-down menu.
We're always interested in site spotlights! Yours could be next! We’re always looking for sites to feature! Email email@example.com