Hey YOUmedia Nation,
Halloween is over and fall is in full swing. Here's a little combined September/October Fall Roundup, for quick look at what's been going on in and around the network.
1. Our Mini-Webinar/Podcast series has continued with great new content weekly (mostly). These resources, created during the RDR, are a great, quick way to introduce yourself or your staff to programming ideas, flyer banks, administrative issues, and much more. Check out the list and links below for the most recent webinars. And after watching/listening, you can dive deeper into the resources through the discussion forum or resource bank.
- Kendra Davey, Pima County Public Library, Creating a Youth-Focused Mission and Vision Statement
- Daniel DeMarse, YOUmedia Chicago, Flyer Bank
- Jennifer Greenlee, The Mix at SFPL, Partnerships 101
- Corey Wittig, Carnegie Library of Pittsburg, Programming Kits Primer
- Ryan Hill, ARTLAB+ (formerly), Yale University Art Gallery (currently), Transitioning Leadership
- Sara Ryan, Multonomah County Public Library, Tell Your Story: Using Outcomes to Show the Difference Your Program Made
- Amen Ptah, Rochester Public Library, Resource Proposal Template
2. And if that's not enough Webinar action for you, you should also check out the recent Educator Innovator Webinar about Youth Makerspaces Today. It's an interesting conversation about the state of Makerspaces in libraries, museums, community centers, or schools. If you haven't already, check it out now; here.
3. ASTC 2015 in Montreal, Canada was a highlight of the fall. The current CoP development team presented on the state of our YOUmedia CoP and shared the benefits of the network with potential new members. There was also a post-conference meeting between the old batch and new batch of CoP lead contributors. We discussed ways to strengthen and grow the CoP during year two and (symbolically) passed the torch. Welcome to your new LC positions Tricia, Jennifer, Jennifer, and Julie. Also, poutine is delicious.
4. And now a couple of friendly reminders;
- Send us your flyers for Daniel's Flyer Bank! We want to fill this bank up.
- We're always looking for our next space for the Site Spotlight. If you're interested in having your site highlighted on the CoP email content (pictures, write-ups, etc. . .) to email@example.com
Thanks for reading. See you all on the inter webs soon.